Friday, April 23, 2010

Just some random mush....

"I just found out there's no such thing as the real world,
Just a lie we have to rise above."

-John Mayer "No Such Thing"

I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as the real world, only the world as we want to see it. We have to create our own happiness, learn when to stop dwelling in our sorrow. I look around and see all that God has blessed me with and realize that this is as real as it gets. Two beautiful children, a family that sticks together through the thick and thin, a husband that loves me despite my flaws and a place to call home.

I sit in conflict
Surrounded by sorrow.
Refusing to believe
I could wake up tomorrow
To a sunset or sunrise
A day filled with love.
Refusing to believe
In the heavens above.
Yet each and every morning
a new day abounds
with a promise of happiness
and miraculous sounds.
Children laughing and playing
sleeping beside me in bed.
Each day I get to kiss them and hug them
as I put them to bed.
Each night I lay down beside
the love of my dreams
and with a needle and thread
I begin repairing my torn seams.

So, tomorrow I will wake up and see the sunshine for the first time. I will hold my children and my husband as if it's our first embrace. I will listen to the sounds around me as if it's the first time my ears were allowed to hear and I will laugh for pictures so I can look back and forget what I was laughing about and just remember that I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment