Sunday, May 9, 2010

To My Mother


Mom,


You have taken the road less traveled. You always had to do things the hard way, because the easy way was never within your grasp. You showed me what it means to be loyal, to be loving, to have courage, to smile through the pain, and for that I am eternally grateful and will always love you.


You gave up so much of yourself, so that we could be something more, and you never complained. You never let us see you hurt, you sheltered us from as much pain as you could bear, and you taught me how to be a mother.


You are the foundation I base all my values on, the first women I ever looked up to, the one woman on earth who means more to me than any other. You are my best friend, the reason I exist, and a true blessing from God.


You are my confidant, the keeper of my secrets, the shoulder I can cry on, the ear I know will always listen, the heart that beats in time with mine. To say you are merely a mother is to do you an injustice, because you are in fact, so much more. I feel like there are never enough words, never enough hours in the day, never enough flowers I could send or cards I could sign, that would truly express to you just how lucky I feel to be able to call you mom.


Thank you for being my inspiration. Thank you for believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself, for picking me up when I fall, and for laughing and crying with me throughout all of lifes trials and tribulations.


When the ground beneath me cracks and shakes, I know that your love is the glue that will keep it all together. You are my rock and the first true love of my life. You are my mother, and I love you.


Love,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment