Monday, May 17, 2010

It is absolutely gorgeous outside. The kind of day when you want to sit outside and bask in the sunshine with the breeze blowing through your hair. It's the kind of day that makes you reflect and re-appreciate the love of life. For me, it's one of those days when you forget all the things that are troubling you and focus on enjoying this one brief moment. Tomorrow may be filled with thunder and lightening, but today is perfect.

It's also a reminder for me that, like the weather, we can't always control what happens in our lives. We can try to look ahead and predict, but life is graded on one big curve, and you never know what the score will be from one day to the next. At least for today, I am living in the moment. Enjoying the sound of my childrens laughter, forgetting to check my email for awhile, turning off the phone, sitting outside watching the world go by, happy to be a part of it.

Forget all my thoughts of failure, the way I feel today validates me. No matter what my future holds, I know that days like today make the wait all worth while.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ninja-you are in a very good place today. Thanks for the reminder. I need it now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My entire life is based around the pilosophy of just getting through today. And possibly tomorrow. If I think any further ahead than that it does my head in.

    Sometimes it's good just to think about the blessings we have in this time and in this place because it makes us feel the future is a bit sunnier...

    Shit I sound like a motivational commercial. I need to go drink wine. Is wine for breakfast bad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken, you are very welcome :)

    QIMP, there is no such thing as too early for wine. Just think of all the fruit and antioxidants in it and it's easy to justify :)

    ReplyDelete