Monday, August 23, 2010

I am like the absentee mother who left her blog in the car on a really hot day. It should be taken away from me until I start to pay attention to it and fulfill my obligations as a blogger. But alas, there are no blogger police and I would spank myself for my negligence but I'm afraid I might like it and then we'd end up right back where we started.

There is SO much going on right now and I don't have the time to write it all because I have a meatloaf in the oven and a football practice for my son in an hour, but I wanted to memorialize this moment in my blogging history before an epic event happens. To date, 5 months post gastric bypass, I have lost....

Drumroll, please.....

90 POUNDS.

Which means I am 10 pounds away from my first goal of 100 pounds.

No, seriously.

Sounds obscene, right?

I have lost a small teenager. How fantastic and yet disturbing is that? I feel like a whole new person. I am still running, and while I can't yet run a 5K, I am signed up for one in a couple of weeks. I don't care if they have to drag my lifeless corpse over the finish line, I will complete it.

So, before the meatloaf burns and my son has to run a gazillion laps for being late to practice, let me write a short synopsis of my life right now, and I promise to elaborate on the details later in the week:

My mom is visiting from AZ for three weeks and all is right with the world.

My sister had her baby on Friday the 13th and he is the most perfect baby EVER, and I am totally in love :)

My baby sister is getting married in 11 days and her bachelorette party is this weekend so I have total "what am I going to wear" ADD.

My sons first football game of the season is this coming weekend. The day AFTER the bachelorette party. This is NOT going to be good.

The kids go back to school in 2 weeks. Thank you sweet baby Jesus.

I am applying for jobs like a maniac and had a super interview today for a great job that I have a real shot at.

Hopefully, this gives you some insight into the craziness that is my life and wins me some sympathy so you don't abandon me for someone who actually blogs on a regular basis.

Oh, and here is me MINUS 90 pounds:



















If you need something to do until I get back, feel free to look back through my blog at old pictures and point and laugh. Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is FREAKING AWESOME NEWS! Congratulations. This is kick arse ninja freaking fabulous. And so are you. And how bloody good do you look?

    And I havent abandoned you . And how cool you have clothes ADD. Does that mean you have so much great stuff from which to choose that you cant make a choice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much QIMP! It's been a long, hard road but one totally worth taking!

    And unfortunately (yet fortunately), I am still outgrowing clothes at a rapid rate so my closet makes me a sad excuse for a woman! My ADD stems from finding something that still fits so I don't have to go to this party in my birthday suit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You! YOU ARE AWESOME. I'm so happy for you and I know you will run the course, do the thing, whatever you young people are saying about fivek's these days (hey that rhymes). Really, congrats and keep it up. Also your blog is not showing up in my feeder so apparently I need to update something, which I will do immedioso:-) Good job you

    ReplyDelete